Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Autism Awareness Day

Today is Autism Awareness Day, and it is also Awareness Month.  Currently I teach in a Kindergarten classroom with students that have special educational needs.  Thankfully, our school has wonderful EA's and special ed teachers to support the students in the regular education classroom.  It can be overwhelming, but the growth you can see from the beginning of the year is just unreal.  I love my job. I am lucky I can say that.  I love my job.  (Should I say it one more time? Haha!)

Austim is becoming more and more common, and each child that has autism is so different.  Differentiating my classroom is a MUST.  I am always communicating with the special education teacher to make sure we are doing what is best for the kiddos.  Marsha over at A Differentiated Kindergarten shares some wonderful ideas!  Check her out:


Here a few great ideas I found with helping our kiddos:

First up is a great website with over 100 links!  They have listed everything from blogs and websites to apps to even special diets!  Whoa!

Next is this awesome transition box idea.  Click on the picture for more!

  Here you can find tons of free printables!

Last is this social skill group.  This is a keeper for sure.


Check out a new product I added to my TPT store!  A sight word reader, but STAMPING the sight words!!!  I hope to make many more while on spring break if you like it!  The first one is the word "little" and all about a little bird, too cute!!!



And for dinner tonight?  I love me a good crock pot meal!  My FAVORITE recipe blog is...



Check out their honey lime chicken enchiladas!  Yum in my tum!  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment